I can hardly believe I’m writing this post, the last year seems to have gone by in the blink of an eye, but it will soon be CHRISTMAS.
I LOVE the Magic of Christmas and all the wonderful events that take place during the festive period; decorating Christmas trees and turning your house into a sparkly palace, drinking mulled wine by the fireplace, Christmas songs on the radio, lots of fun arts & crafts and doing what us mums do best. SHOPPING.
I always struggle for Christmas gift ideas for my toddlers so thought I would write a blog post that includes some wonderful, yet reasonably priced, gift ideas for your little ones.
I’m a massive fan of personalisation, and I love nothing more than seeing my daughters names emblazoned on something for a special keepsake.
1) Christmas Eve Box – Get your little ones all excited for the Big Man with these lovely neutral Christmas Eve Boxes * from Getting Personal. I love that you could leave these out after Christmas for storing things and it wouldn’t be obvious from the colour that it’s Christmas related (until you read the writing on the box of course).
2) Christmas Present Sack – I ordered two of these bespoke hessian sacks * for my daughters last year and they look so good next to the fireplace. Even though it might seem expensive for a sack, they can be used for many years to come.
7 TODDLER STOCKING FILLER IDEAS FOR UNDER A TENNER
1) The Adventures of Frank & Diesel Book – My little ones are massive book worms and I recently came across this fab range of kids books called ‘The Adventures of Frank & Diesel’, the pages are super colourful and the text really stands out, the stories are excellent for capturing little imaginations. This would make a fab stocking filler. I purchased ‘A Day at the Circus’ * and can highly recommend.
2) Play Foam – My two daughters spend hours playing with this colourful play foam set,* they just love it.
3) Play-Doh – Continuing on the same theme, my daughters are absolutely obsessed with Play-Doh (mummy not so much, it gets EVERYWHERE), but this fabulous Rainbow Pack including 8 colours * is currently on Amazon for the bargain price of £6.85, but be quick! If you have more that one child, you could even split the pack so they get a few each (happy days).
4) Kinetic Sand – The first time I used this with my daughter, I was amazed, the feeling of it collapsing in your hands is quite therapeutic. Again, this is great for keeping little ones busy. This fabulous ice cream set * is perfect for a stocking filler or if you want to get something extra, the ice cream set including the ice cream bus * is currently on offer for only £1 more.
5) Personalised Christmas Letter – This is such a cute idea for your little ones to open in their stocking before they head downstairs to all the big presents. A personalised letter from Santa * – sure to get them in the magic of Christmas spirit.
6) Water Magic Book – If you’re not a fan of crayon marks up your walls, play-doh on your carpet and paint on their clothes, then you’ll love this Water Magic Farm Book*. Simply fill the pen that’s included with water and see the pages come to life.
7) Lacing Pictures – Keep your little ones entertained for hours as they attempt to thread the colourful laces through the holes in these fun first lacing pictures *. My daughters sit for ages playing with these.
My plan was to write a blog post on Christmas gift ideas for toddler stocking fillers and larger presents, plus gift ideas for mums and dads.
As always, time has escaped me and with my daughters third birthday rapidly approaching and lots of festive fun plans over the coming weeks, I don’t think I’m going to get round to it. Oh well, there’s always next year!
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones and I’ll be back in the New Year with lots more blog posts.
Hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post and found the gift ideas helpful.
Lots of love and HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS. HO HO HO.
The Exhausted Mum xxx