10 of the BEST Family-Friendly Halloween Events in London
Dark nights, spooky costumes, ghoulish make-up & pumpkin season – it can only mean one thing: Halloween!
Get in the Halloween spirit this year and enjoy something other than trick or treating by taking the family to these local spooky events
1. Harry Potter Studio Tour – Friday 28th Oct – Saturday 10th Nov (Leavesden WD25 7LR)
Naturally The Harry Potter Studio Tour was always going to do something HUGE for Halloween.
From 28th October and throughout the Hallowe’en season, fans of Death Eaters, daring duels and Hallowe’en feasts are invited to explore the darkness of the Wizarding World as the studio hosts a special feature dedicated to the Dark Arts.
Returning this year, the iconic Great Hall set will be decorated with over 100 floating pumpkins, just as seen on screen in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Created by Head Propmaker on all the Harry Potter films, Pierre Bohanna, the pumpkins are modelled on those found in Hagrid’s pumpkin patch in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and are hand-carved by the Prop Making Department so no two are alike. The Great Hall tables will also be laden with a Hallowe’en feast of red apples, pumpkins and cauldrons of lollipops.
2. Pumpkin Picking at Garsons Farm, Esher – Monday to Saturday 9am-5pm, Sundays 11am-5pm
Kids will love picking their own plump pumpkin whilst getting into the Halloween Spirit at Garsons Farm, Esher.
The garden centre itself is full of fun decorations to dress your house this Halloween, from sparkly cats, diamond skulls, glittery signs to spooky ghosts.
Pop into the farm shops where there will be plenty of sweet treats for the ‘trick or treat-ers’ and fabulous shiny pumpkins and carving kits to choose from.
You can also enter their Social Media competition to win a £25 Garsons Farm Voucher.
To find out more about Garsons Farm, read my recent blog post on The Best Local Family Day Trips.
3. Hard Rock Cafe’s Family Halloween Event – Sunday 28th October 10am-12pm (London W1K 1QZ)
Hard Rock Cafe London are hosting their Li’l Monsters Halloween Ball. The ball will include an authentic spooky American Buffet Breakfast with fancy dress and pumpkin competitions, ghoulish face painting, scary goodie bags and Halloween games!
4. Halloween at Flip Out Wandsworth – 19th -31st October (London, SW18 4LZ)
Don’t let the rain stop play this Halloween, Flip Out Wandsworth has a week of Halloween Half-Term Fun with Fancy Dress, Giveaways, Children’s Workshops, After Dark Friday Night and Flip for Treats.
5. Eddie Catz Earlsfield Annual Halloween Party – Friday 26th October 10am-12pm (London, SW18 3NZ)
Eddie Catz Annual Halloween Party is one of the highlights of the year at Eddie Catz! Lights are dimmed and the venue is transformed into something spookishly spectacular (but not too scary!). Enjoy the entertainment, a dance in the Halloween disco and join in their fancy dress catwalk competition with Eddie Catz himself awarding prizes for the best dressed. Be sure to be dressed in your best spooktacular costumes!
6. Gruesome Nature at ZSL Zoo – 20th to 28th October, London NW1 4RY)
An interactive musical show featuring original songs, you can find out the frightful facts about some truly grisly creatures, including who’s got the largest, slimiest eyeball, and which species of animal can endure fire, ice and radiation and even survive in outer space, plus many more monstrous truths! Guaranteed to be grossly enthralling, Gruesome Nature Live is on every day from Saturday 20 to Sunday 28 October only so don’t miss out!
7. Halloween at the Bentall Centre, Kingston-Upon-Thames – Thurs 25th Oct to Sun 28th Oct
Want to indulge in some retail therapy and entertain the kids at the same time? The Bentall Centre has you covered:
Thursday 25th 12:00-6:00pm – Slime Masterclass & Face Painting
Friday 26th 11:30am-1:30pm/2:30-5:30pm – Caricaturist
Saturday 27th 11:00am-4:00pm – Spooky Sweets Craft Session
Sunday 28th 11:00am-4:00pm – Spell Books & Potions activity
8. Halloween at Hobbledown – 30th & 31st October (Horton, KT19 8PT)
Head to Hobbledown this Halloween to visit the animals, run around in their huge outdoor play areas, or head indoors to their massive play barn.
This Halloween they are doing Halloween themed Toddler Lunch packages. An example of the deluxe option & price is included below. Book early to avoid disappointment.
Deluxe Halloween themed Toddler Lunch
Option 2 includes:
- Entry to Hobbledown
- 1 hour free play in our Hobblings Playbarn
- Lunch box
- Spooky biscuit decorating
- Exotic animal handling
PLUS make and create your own 8inch teddy in our Teddy Bear Workshop, complete with Halloween outfit.
Tickets cost £22.50 per child (includes 1 free adult) or £19.50 per Annual Passholders. Tickets must be pre-booked online. Click here to book.
To find out more about Hobbledown, read my recent blog post on The Best Local Family Day Trips.
9. Wizard and Witches Week at Bocketts Farm – 20th to 28th October (Surrey KT22 9BS)
Bocketts Farm has a whole week of Halloween Fun with their Wizard and Witches week, including:
- Encounter a range of reptiles and creepy crawlies in the REPTILE ROADSHOW. An amazing opportunity to get close to some beautiful and unusual creatures!
- Enjoy exciting shows daily from their wickedly wonderful WIZARD MAGICIAN! Various show times throughout the day.
- Explore the SPOOKTACULARLY FUN TRAIL as you help Mr Funny Bones find the missing clues around the farm. Don’t miss your free treat when you finish!
- Enjoy a full programme of fun farm activities with Animal Handling, Goat Milking, Tractor Rides, Pony Rides and Pig Racing!
- Get creative in the CREEPY CRAFT CORNER with badges, colouring sheets, hat making and lots more!
- Take home a HOMEGROWN BOCKETTS FARM PUMPKIN. Hundreds to choose from and on sale all week.
10. Wandsworth Common Halloween Beer Festival 2018 – Wed 31st oct – Sat 3rd Nov (Wandsworth Common)
Finally, I thought it would be unfair of me to leave out the adults, so I’m finishing with an event for all you parents.
The festival continues with entrance just £5 on Thursday, Friday and Saturday 1pm to 11pm. Plus commemorative glass.
“Expect the Unexpected” with 100 beers and more cider than ever before.